Wednesday 2 September 2009

Alpine Berry Herbal Tea

I tried this tea from Two Leaves and a Bud a while ago but because I've been swotting up for my Professional Conduct exam (next Tuesday) I hadn't quite got around to it until now. This tea from the outset was amazing! Firstly, it reminded me a little, in aroma, of blackcurrant/blackberry and I thought it smelt a little Ribena-esque but with a hint of citrus. It had a deep purple colour which quickly developed, (so quickly that I was worried that I had steeped it for too long). I followed the guidance on the sachet of 3 minutes and found that it really did not need any longer to release the flavour. I did try however, to use it again as I thought that it looked as though it could have taken a second brewing. Oops! It really did not react as I had anticipated as it turned a light blue/indigo colour...very entertaining!

Overall this tea had a very pleasant sweet berry/citrus flavour and smelt heavenly.

Rating: 4/5 (because I might be slightly biased towards berry flavours stemming from a childhood of Hot Ribenas!)
p.s. you can see the blue colour the tea turned on second brewing on the paper 'dipper' at the end of the string!

No comments:

Post a Comment