Wednesday 2 September 2009

Organic White Peony

This tea was unusual at first glance. I was very excited to try it as I have not tried much white tea apart from Whittard's Cherry Blossom Tea. It was brewed for 4 minutes as per the brewing guidelines on the sachet and gave off a smooth floral aroma. After I tasted it I thought that the smooth aroma must have come from some form of honey/caramel element. The colour also was light yellowy brown, almost caramel like.



I must add that it was quite an unusual tasting tea but not in a negative sense. I don't often have honey in any of my hot drinks apart from the rare intake of honey&lemon tea when I have a sore throat, so the smooth honey note was a bit of a surprise. The light floral taste combined with the honey makes for an interesting and delicious combination. This would be a nice tea to have either first thing in the morning or during a break in a long stressful day at work...methinks! It felt like it would relax
Overall rating: 4/5



I know that there probably isn't ACTUAL honey in the tea but it was the closest flavour I could use to compare what I was tasting...

No comments:

Post a Comment